First, we needed to understand the appliance consumer, both from a search and user behavior perspective. With the digital marketing team, I performed in-depth local keyword research for each retail location to discover how consumers search for appliances online. The team performed navigation path analyses by device type to determine what content and pages were most relevant to in-market appliance shoppers.
Based on these findings and discussions with key sales representatives, we implemented the following website optimizations to improve organic search rankings.
• Addressed citation listing consistency issues. The listed name, address, phone number, business description, and store hours were evaluated across third-party citations, and all Google My Business listings were optimized for improved rankings in 3-pack local search results.
• Applied technical SEO best practices. Rich snippet markup (schema.org), site speed, and mobile usability were factored into all SEO recommendations.
• Developed store pages for each retail location. All store pages included hours of operation, map and location, sales staff, store video, and content to support targeted geographic phrases.
• Optimized all category and product pages on site. Over 500 appliance pages were uniquely optimized to comply with on-page SEO best practices.
In addition, the team also planned & executed a multi-faceted paid search campaign on Google and Bing ad networks that included the following strategies:
• Optimized landing pages and ad copy for desktop and mobile devices to ensure messaging and search context aligned.
• Launched shopping campaigns (also called Product Listing Ads) to capture in-market consumers. These ads enabled Warner’s Stellian to feature product imagery and pricing details within search results.
When Warners’ Stellian, a family-owned and operated appliance company, launched their eCommerce website they found that big box retailers dominated local search results. We designed a local search marketing strategy to reach in-market appliance customers and compete against big box retailers.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
• 39.9% annual increase in search traffic
• 24% annual increase in eCommerce revenue
• 53% annual increase in store location page views
• 115% annual increase in keywords ranking on the first page of search results
• All 9 Google My Business listings now rank in the top 3 local search results
• 66% increase in accurate business citation listings across third-party directories
• 139% reduction in cost-per-acquisition (CPA) among paid campaign traffic